This Palace was built in 1924, on the personal initiative of HSH Prince Louis II and inaugurated on May 1st 1930.
It is built out of sea tuff, a grey and porous stone, which was also used for Monaco's ramparts. This stone contains many small pebbles, and sometimes mollusc shells.
The bust of the Sovereign Honoré II, dated 1568, appears on one of the Palace façades.
Visits not possible
5 Rue Colonel Bellando de Castro
+377 98 98 88 11
This fortress built at the beginning of the 18th century is now an open air theatre; it was rebuilt in 1953 under the initiative of HRH Prince Rainier III after having been destroyed in 1944.
Its military architecture, watchtower and the almost total solitude which can be found there, all combine to give it a particular charm. Its stage has been pleasantly arranged with a pyramid of cannon balls at its centre.
The military architecture of the fort is emphasised by the pittosporum hedges which serve as protection where there is no parapet.
Free admission (except during the shows)
Avenue de la Quarantaine
+377 98 98 83 03
Built with white stones from la Turbie in 1875, this roman-Byzantine style building houses the burial places of past princes.
From the interior design, you can admire an altarpiece by the Niçois painter Louis Bréa dating from 1500 as well as the high alter and the Episcopal throne of Carrara white marble. Pontifical services are held during great liturgical celebrations accompanied by the harmonies of a grand organ, designed and built by Thomas Manufacture in Belgium, inaugurated in 2011 the magnificence of which permits the organisation of outstanding spiritual concerts.
From September to June every Sunday at 10am, mass is sung by the “Les Petits Chanteurs de Monaco” and “Cathedral Choir”.
Free admission (outside religious services), 8.30am – 7pm (6pm in winter).
4 rue Colonel Bellando de Castro
+377 93 30 87 70
It was built in 1893 by Charles Garnier, the architect of the Paris Opera House. Its marble paved "atrium", surrounded with 28 Ionic columns made of onyx, gives access to the Opera Hall (no visits) which is entirely decorated in red and gold, with bas-reliefs and sculptures.
For more than a century, its stage has been the setting for international operatic creations, prestigious concerts, and exceptional ballets. Its series of "Gaming Rooms" are marvellously decorated with stained glass windows, sculptures, and allegorical paintings.
The Casino de Monte-Carlo is open to players from 2 pm until the last table closes.
Restricted access – over 18’s only
Proof of identity required.
Every day, except during the Formula 1 Grand Prix, the Casino de Monte-Carlo is open to groups and tours from 9 am till 12 pm only, so that games aren't disturbed.
Entrance fee: €10
Visit duration: 40 minutes.
Place du Casino
+377 98 06 21 21
The Prince’s Palace in Monaco is a private residence, but the State Apartments are open to visitors for part of the year.
The Palace has a long history and has been extended and renovated several times over the centuries. Its origins date back to the early thirteenth century – 1215 to be exact. Following a succession of transformations, the ancient Genoese fortress became one of the most luxurious residences of the seventeenth century, in a style extremely characteristic of the Louis XIV era.
Prince Honoré II assembled substantial collections of artworks here, which unfortunately disappeared during the French Revolution, when the Palace was looted and used as a hospital for troops from the Italian Army.
Today, it is possible to admire the splendours of the Palace, including: the Palace Chapel, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, the Hercule Gallery, the Mirror Gallery, the Red Room, the York Room, the Yellow Room or Louis XV Bedroom, and the Throne Room, as well as numerous frescoes, tapestries, and items of furniture.
The State Apartments are currently closed to visitors. They will reopen in 2018, from 31 March to 14 October. * The State Apartments are not accessible by wheelchair, since they are accessed via staircases.
10 am to 6 pm (last entry at 5.30 pm); 1 July to 31 August: 10 am to 7 pm (last entry 6.30 pm)
Children (aged 6–16), Students: €4
Groups and Agencies: contact us for rates
For more information about admission fees and combined ticket options (Prince’s Palace, Car Collection) : Admission
Place du Palais
+377 93 25 18 31
This Renaissance style building with its bell tower raising 30 metres skywards was inaugurated in 1883.
Nineteen stained glass windows lighten up its nave, where the gilded chandelier comes from the old arms room at the Princely Palace.
10, avenue Sainte-Charles
+377 93 30 74 90
Sainte- Dévote Church
This 11th century votive chapel is dedicated to the Principality's and Princely family's Patron Saint.
It was built in the hollow of the "Vallon des Gaumates", where during the 4th century a frail boat carrying Sainte Dévote's remains ran aground at its entrance.
Every year on 26th January, a boat is burnt at nightfall as part of a still fervent traditional ceremony.
1 Rue Sainte-Dévote, 98000 Monaco, Монако
Тel: +377 93 50 52 60